How do we use your information?
Your information allows us to fulfil any orders you place with us, update you on the progress of your orders and assist with any future customer service queries.
Information you Give Us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site nwfweeklyinteriors.co.uk or by corresponding with us via phone, e-mail or social media. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or sign up for our mailing list or to receive email offers, log a query through our Customer contact, place a customer review on our site or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and images, details of the products you are interested in and other content which you choose to upload such as product reviews and comments.
We may use your information, including details of your NWF Weekly Interiors purchases, how you choose to interact with us, your recent NWF Weekly Interiors website browser history and geographic information, to help us decide what we talk to you about and when.
There are some communications that you’d always expect to receive from us, whatever your marketing preferences – for example, order confirmations by email if you have shopped with us online, or important order or customer service updates.
We employ the services of other companies to support our business for specific functions, for example: processing payments (using nominated payment providers) and validating and analysing our customer data, including potentially updating addresses if customers have moved house (using a small number of nominated data specialists). For certain purchases, we may need to verify your identity with a trusted third party for fraud prevention and age verification purposes, in order to protect your interests and fulfil our legal obligations.
All third party service providers we work with are carefully vetted and highly trusted by us, and your data is protected by NWF Weekly Interiors’s stringent security and confidentiality measures as well as applicable data protection laws. We only provide our service providers with the data that they require in order to perform the services that we have employed them to do – they will never use your data for any other purposes.
Unless otherwise stated, our processing of your personal data, as summarised in this notice, is in pursuit of our legitimate business interests as a trusted retailer, committed to providing you with the very best shopping experience.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold your data is 4 years. Everything you buy from NWF Weekly Interiors comes with a 12 months guarantee, so we like to hold on to the detail of your orders long enough so we can easily help with any queries you may have.
Your rights regarding your personal data
If you receive our postal or email based marketing communications, you can choose to opt out at any time, and without any fuss or delay – simply email or write to us. Alternatively, you can update the settings in your online account if you have set one up or click on the unsubscribe link that appears in every one of our email newsletters. Please note that you may continue to receive our communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
You also have the right to:
- Ask that we correct or update any personal information that is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
- Ask that we erase your personal data from our systems.
- Ask that we stop processing your data or restrict processing where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Request access to the personal information we hold about you.
- Object to us profiling your data, where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Request that any data provided by you in the context of actively consenting to some form of processing, be returned to you or transferred to another company in electronic form.
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK – please see below for more information.
- If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch with us using the link below. Please note that we may ask for proof of identity before providing or updating any personal information we hold about you and if we have a legitimate reason as to why we are unable to fulfil any requests, we will always explain the reasons why.
How to contact us
Our Data Protection Officer is always happy to help and answer any questions you have about our Privacy Promise. Simply write to them at NWF Weekly Interiors, 8 Railway Rd, Leigh WN7 4AX. If you have any reason for concern, please contact us in the first instance and we will do our utmost to resolve the matter to your complete satisfaction.
Alternatively, you can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk